Dynamic, boutique public affairs firm working on some of the largest and most exciting infrastructure projects in the region is seeking a full-time Project Manager. Ideal candidate is passionate about one or more of the following: public transportation, environment and sustainability, community development and planning, and transformation of urban settings.
Candidate must be outgoing, flexible (willing to work evenings and weekends when needed), organized, attentive to detail, a strong writer, proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite, and social media savvy.
- Support and lead all aspects of public engagement and community outreach activities, including the development and implementation of public outreach programs frequently associated with the environmental documentation required for the California Environmental Quality Act/National Environmental Protection Act (CEQA/NEPA).
- Passion for cultivating relationships with key stakeholders and state and local elected officials, knowledge of state and local policymaking, advocating projects and programs and experience providing verbal and written correspondence to agencies/organizations.
- Day-to-day project oversight, management of Assistant Project Managers and other support staff, high level client interface and close management of deliverables.
- Knowledge of and maintain database of all contacts and key project information and comments for each project.
- Development of compelling and interesting collateral and marketing materials that comply with requirements associated with legal notification and dissemination of materials across broad platforms.
- Coordination of logistics associated with the planning and staffing of public hearings, community meetings and events.
- Provide written summarization and documentation of outreach activities that can be incorporated into the decision-making processes.
- Experience conducting meetings in bi-lingual or multi-lingual formats desired.
- Experienced in conceptualizing, developing, planning, and implementing outreach and engagement plans for large public projects.
- Interested in developing innovative ways of advancing public participation in pivotal projects within the City and County of Los Angeles, and throughout Southern California.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, be organized, and detail oriented.
- Self-starter and work well as part of a small team complimented by experience working within multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Ideal candidate will have experience and interest in government and public policy and knowledge of CEQA/NEPA environmental processes
- Strong inter-personal skills and effective in working cross-collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders and can multi-task.
- Experience with social media and design software desired.
At a minimum the selected candidate will possess a BA/BS, or a MA/MS/MBA in preferably one of the following areas: Business Administration/Marketing, Public Administration, Urban Planning, Public Policy, Political Science and Environmental Studies.
Salary: Negotiable and commensurate with experience and academic qualifications. TRG provides excellent employer paid medical benefits including dental, paid vacation and traditional holidays. Please email a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Please put “Project Manager” in subject line.